dmarlene.com links

                HOME                 SHOP                 ABOUT                 EVENTS                 CONTACT

1.21.2015

January Designer's Edit: 10 Things That Illuminate



There's something about January that feels mid-sentence to me.  I'm ready for the warmth and burst of activity in spring, and yet I crave the coziness of hearth and home that winter provides.  This time of year finds me in need of a lift in spirit and inspiration after the Holiday flurry settles...something illuminating from without and within.  In this edit I've shared a few things that do just that for me, and I hope will do the same for you!


1. The color + texture of our Luxe Necklace lend a nice pick me up on overcast days.  A crisp white shirt really makes the color of the labradorite stone pop.  It's equally as nice with print that's not too busy to really play up the textures.

2. This time of year finds me ready for spring, yet still yearning to cozy up by the fire. A nice glow in the studio is always a comfort, so I can't wait to try ILLUME's Woodfire Candle.

3.  Ah, my Third Verse Spa Works Sweet Tea Sugar Scrub...I have no words. Other than I get it at Fireflies in Spring Hill, Tennessee.

4.  Just looking at the stone of our Mirabel Ring makes me happy. I can't get enough of it.  It will make you happy too :)

5. I've used Aveda's brilliant universal styling creme for years. I love how it softens my hair this time of year and protects it from dryness, not to mention the scent is fabulous.

6.  The metalsmith in me loves a great chain belt! I have a silver one I wear quite often, but I'm also eyeing this Chanel inspired Marion Chain Belt from Tory Burch.

7.  Everyone needs a spinner ring, and our Spinning Vistas Ring is so comfortable! I wear it almost everyday.

8.  Would someone order this shirt for me  Never mind, I just did! 

9.  My husband gifted Blue Birds No.10 Bubble Bath to me this Christmas and I love it! Fabulous scent, and looks beautiful on the vanity. It's available locally at Cosmetics Market.

10. I'm an office supply junkie and love picking out a planner for the New Year! I heard about the Passion Planner and decided to give it a try.  It's a calendar, journal, sketchbook, gratitude log, goal setting guide, to do list all wrapped up in one volume.  (Waiting eagerly for it to ship as we speak!)


No comments: